Categories

ENJOY; ISSUE; INTERESTING PLACES; INTERIORS; JOYDAY; WALLISM:THE SEMIOTICS OF WALLS; STREET FINDS; SHIFT HOW WE SEE; FASHION; ART; COLOUR

17 February 2015

Feb's Wallism_Waiting



This month’s Wallism was found in Wynn Lane, Brisbane, Australia. I have no idea who is the creator of this wonderful piece of Wallism (a shame).
It made me want to say something about hanging around and sometimes having one’s time wasted waiting for 
people who are horribly late or for the bus that never seems to comes. 

So I found this little poem. It appealed to me. Not sure if it is entirely apt but it is amusing.

Standing is stupid,
crawling's a curse,
skipping is silly,
walking is worse.
hopping is hopeless,
jumping's a chore,
sitting is senseless,
leaning's a bore.
running's ridiculous,
jogging's insane...
Guess I'll go upstairs and
lie down again.”   

Shel Silverstein, A Light in the Attic

No comments:

Post a Comment