Categories

ENJOY; ISSUE; INTERESTING PLACES; INTERIORS; JOYDAY; WALLISM:THE SEMIOTICS OF WALLS; STREET FINDS; SHIFT HOW WE SEE; FASHION; ART; COLOUR

17 May 2010
































































































For years I have admired my neighbour’s relentless gathering and building of a collection of great street finds. Nothing is too small to be missed by her eagle eye. Nothing is too big or heavy to deter her from her resolve of ‘That looks interesting’.
On the pages above you will see a most wonderful example of SHIFTAZINE thinking and how imagination and style can make almost anything fabulous. As Colleen said to me when we were discussing her ongoing project, “I just find things on the street. I bring them home and see if they work. Another thing, I love colour and pattern, but its not about coloured patterns - it could be either, but I love the combinations.”
So its the ombination of both old and new, colour and pattern, slick and grunge that really is the magical key to this home which is a result of inventive thinking and an intuitive eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment