Categories

ENJOY; ISSUE; INTERESTING PLACES; INTERIORS; JOYDAY; WALLISM:THE SEMIOTICS OF WALLS; STREET FINDS; SHIFT HOW WE SEE; FASHION; ART; COLOUR

14 May 2010

An Escape



























































I like all kinds of balconies. The wrought iron balustrade thing that seems to have started in the 50s and came to full campness with the explosion of the blocks of flats (as we use to call them) in the 70s.

I took a drive down Sans Sousi way a summer or so ago and snapped the assortment of balconies and verandahs I found. A touch of outside inside your own space. I was speaking with someone the other day who made the comment that balconies are an escape -"like your outside without leaving home".

I have always thought of them as a touch of the glamorous life.

No comments:

Post a Comment